Jack Bray & Son (The Quay) was established in 1950 by our Grandfather Jack, and our father Martin, for the purpose of booking sea angling trips. They then began retailing angling equipment as it became more affordable.
Today the business is run by Jack’s grandchildren with the addition of a second shop at 1666 House on Fore Street; enabling us to expand the coastal and country clothing brands.
From Fishing Equipment to Camping Accessories… & Much More
We have moved with the times and, although sea fishing equipment and end tackle is still a big part of our business, we are also stocking:
- Binoculars from 8×25 to 20×80 and everything in-between
- Outdoor and bushcraft knives from brands such as Buck, Opinel, Leatherman, Helle, Casstrom, Swiss Army, Whitby & Co and Nieto.
- Camping accessories from Highlander Outdoors
- Folding beach trollies, towels, picnic blankets.
- Stand Up Paddle Boards from Hydro Force, buoyancy aids from Helly Hansen and changing robes from Urban Beach.
- Clothing from Edwards Heavies, Guy Cotten and Stonewash Clothing Co.
Our aim has aways been to offer products designed and built to enhance and withstand the coastal lifestyle of our customers.